1. The meaning of processing your personal information
- Personal Information and Special Personal Information is any information relating to an identifiable living or juristic person. Some examples are: race, gender, marital status, nationality, age, physical or mental health, disability, language, education, identity number, telephone number, email, postal or street address, biometric information and financial, criminal or employment history. In relation to juristic persons all commercial and financial information is also included in this definition.
- Process means any operation or activity, whether automated or not, concerning personal information, including: collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modifying, retrieval, alteration, consultation, use, dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form, merging, linking, as well as blocking, degradation, erasure or destruction of information. “Processing” will have a similar meaning.
2. Why we process your personal information
We have to process some of your personal information in order to provide you with our professional
corporate finance advisory services. For example, we would typically collect extensive information on
your business from you in advance of a formal disposal process to assist us in deriving business
valuations, planning transaction structures, and drafting marketing information, and negotiating
3. When we share your personal information
In order to provide you with our professional services, we may share your personal information with other professional advisers, such as attorneys, whom you have appointed for the purpose of the corporate transactions in relation to which we too provide you with advisory services. In addition, we may share your personal information when required to do so in the following circumstances:
- When required by any regulatory authority, such as The Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).
- 2 When required by legislation or any legal process.
- To protect and defend our rights and property, including our intellectual property.
- When you have given us direct permission to do so.
We will never sell your personal information or share it with other parties for their own marketing use, unless you have given us direct permission.
4. How we protect your data
We take every reasonable precaution to protect your personal information (including information about your activities) from theft, unauthorised access and disruption of services. Our security controls are designed to maintain an appropriate level of data confidentiality, integrity, and availability. We regularly test our website, data centres, systems, and other assets for security vulnerabilities.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you willingly disclose online. Please note that we process and collect your personal information when you use our website, contact us electronically or complete a quotation or application form online. When you use any of our online services, you may be given a username and password. Always keep this information safe and never disclose it to anyone.
5. Accessing, changing or removing your personal information
You may ask us to access, change or remove your personal information from our records. If legislation allows, we may charge an administrative fee, but we will always inform you of any cost before performing your request.
6. Final comments
You also authorise us to act on the information that you send electronically.
7. Confidentiality undertakings
Our standard engagement letter imposes an obligation of confidentiality on us in relation to any information which we receive from you or concerning you in the course of the engagement to which the engagement letter relates.
8. Contact us
If you have any questions, or you want to update your personal information or preferences, please contact us on the details below:
Postal address: PO Box 3436, Johannesburg, 2000
Physical address: 1st Floor, 33 Scott Street, Waverley, 2090
Email address: email@example.com